Thursday, February 10, 2011

It's time..

Do you ever feel like you can never keep up with the latest trends?
I swear, I feel this way constantly.
I buy a cute new outfit, and think I'm totally being daring,
and then my junior high cousins remind me that it was so last year.
sadness.
I'm totally turning frumpy, aren't I?
Well I just discovered this latest hairstyle,
it's called the melting technique??
All the celebs are doing it, so it must be cool, right?
I figure it has been way too long since I have changed my hair,
{since it used to be an every six month thing}
so why not..




Here goes nothing..
and p.s.
if this does turn into a total disaster,
just make me think I pull it off as well as these ladies.

6 comments:

blair said...

You are not frumpy, friend.

I did the ombre a month or so ago (mine is more Rachel Bilson, with a less drastic edge) and I'm loving it.

Do it! Do it! Do it! (peer pressure chant)

blair said...

Also, I should mention that when I first went brown (all dark brown) in the beginning of December, it was catastrophic - but after getting it adjusted with an ombre effect, I'm really digging what I have now.

It's a good change and I think you'll love it.

And now I'll stop leaving excessive comments on your blog. unless I think of something else equally useless to post, that is.

Lauren said...

Good luck! If it works I'm totally copying you.

Cassandra Potter Kemp said...

You can pull off any hair color, even if it was pink!! Make sure to post pictures!

jodie rae said...

I'm doing the same thing girl... I've been growing roots since November! It's pretty intense but I'm really liking it! We can do it together!

nancy said...

i just had to google "melting technique" and "ombre effect" cause i had no idea what they were...so don't feel too behind. and, that's hot! i love that look...its so natural looking. i totally need new hair....but how behind am i, i think i'm gonna try bangs. we'll see!