Thursday, February 17, 2011

So not Simple.

I got this fine beauty for Christmas from my Mother in law, and let's be honest.. it intimidates me quite a bit. Over the past year or so I have been interested in starting this new hobby, and have seen so many cute things that look so easy to make.. but wasn't I foolish. I have made two pillows, and the first one was more of an embarrassment. It's sad when your husband is showing you how to thread the bobbin, when your Mother in law just gave you an entire tutorial. Looks like my 7th grade TLC class wasn't as useful as I thought. Anyways, I'm determined to master this little machine, so if anyone has any ideas on easy projects, send them my way. Who would have thought that I would really be asking for Sewing advice? I'm getting old aren't I.

4 comments:

nancy said...

a guy that works at the gym called me "ma'am" today. i hear ya about feeling old. RAD! i want to sew too. i made a quilt once. it was pretty cool. my friend jessica is amazing at sewing. check her out http://www.ragamuffin-baby.com/. she will totally give us sewing lessons...let's do it!!

EmandZak said...

A pillow case is a good one, or making your jeans skinny(love doing that one), i'm kinda on the beginner side too, but ya it helps to have someone that knows how to sew good do a project with you!? anywho. it's pretty much rad though, its not for the oldies, but the goodies. hahaha jk.

Jentrie Williams said...

you know me, i love to sew!! i will help you any time you would like. we should have a little craft day!

Cassandra Potter Kemp said...

Whit my husband also has to thread my bobbin.. That sounds sexual though it's not. I think us gals can get intimidated by the machinery of it. Def start out on beginner stuff with few steps. I like you thought it would be a lot more simple than it really is!