Friday, August 19, 2011

Some Husbands take their Wife to Italy, Mine takes his to Milford..

Well.. I survived my first experience to Milford, UT.
Jon has family that is from Milford,
so the Johnson side tries to make a trip there every year.
I haven't been able to go in the past due to work, but I was able to get it off this year.
Boy, was I in for a treat.

I'm taking a guess here..
but I bet the majority of people have never had the opportunity to experience good ol' Milford,
let alone have heard of the place,
so let me fill you in on just what you are missing out on..

When you check in at one of the only two hotels that are in the whole town,
old creepy music is blasting out of the speakers at the Diner.
(Yes, you check in at the restaurant, for the hotel you are staying in)
It made me feel like I was in my own horror movie.

Speaking of the Diner,
even though it was all fried food all weekend, it was delish!!
You sure can't beat a grilled cheese, and your classic diner fries..
We may or may not have shared a chocolate malt at 1:00 in the morning :)
Penny's Diner for sure needs to be awarded Best Chocolate Malt Ever!!

We basically played around in the desert for the entire weekend.


Cackee and Fiff entertained themselves on this mountain for about an hour straight.
I'm pretty sure they ate their fair share of dirt.





Cuddled this little one..




Pretended to be Jack Bauer..



Discovered every creepy crawly thing there is out there..




It's nice to see that a 3 yr. old is more brave than I am.
I was obviously born an Emery.


Launched rockets..


(yiiiiiiippppp.... I really am related to them)
Notice how proud they all are.




Hiked to a bat cave..



Oh, and don't let me forget my favorite memory of going rabbit stomping.


(To give you some background on "rabbit stomping".. I first thought they literally killed rabbits. I mean, it's not like the name of such an activity would make you think that or anything.. but really the boys only run around with their flashlights trying to catch the rabbits, take a picture of the little fella, and then send them on their way)

Well.. it didn't really go that way this time around.
We drove around for two hours, and didn't catch a single one.
The only thing we caught were the flying grasshoppers that slapped us in the forehead that a certain someone kept throwing into the backseat on multiple occasions.
Did I mention that I hate bugs??
Especially those stupid grasshoppers!!


All in all, it was a super fun trip!
I for sure have never experienced anything like that before,
but looking forward to carrying on the tradition with the in-laws for years to come.


We first just need to teach Cackee that even though we are in the middle of nowhere,
that doesn't mean you can just pop a squat behind the shed next to our hotel room.


Only in Milford...

1 comment:

A3 said...

it was good trip and only my child would poo behind the shed when the bathroom IN THE HOTEL is literally 14 feet away.