Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Talk... dun dun dun

So Jon and I are currently teaching/babysitting the nursery, and I knew since that calling was already out of the way it wouldn't be long until we would be asked to speak in sacrament (especially since the newbies of the ward always get attacked right at the get go, which I still don't quite understand).. Next thing I know.. Jon is calling me after my night class and the first thing he says, "So.. Your gonna kill me.." I then begin to think that my husband has burned down the house, or has done something drastic.. but oh no.. he has accepted the invitation for the both of us to speak in church that following Sunday, not to mention for 6-8 min. each. GREAT.... It's not that I am a shy person, or hate speaking in front of a large crowd.. it's just that I get so nervous speaking in sacrament, I always talk way too fast (so normally my talk lasts 2 min MAX), and I always forget what I'm trying to say. Which I TOTALLY did! I most definitely introduced myself with the wrong last name. Lovely. Not to mention the fact that I didn't even realize that I did so, until Jon informed me as he got done speaking. Not embarrassing at all. Hopefully Jon now knows not to volunteer me to speak in church, or I will refuse to claim that I have the same last name as him.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

at least they waited that long before they nabbed you. I swear we spoke in that ward before our records were even transferred there!

and don't worry, we already were asked to speak in our new ward. and I am pretty sure it's more like 10-20.... what?! who can speak for 20 minutes??