Sunday, January 8, 2012

DLand 2011

Ok, I've been slacking quite a bit in the blogging world, so where do I begin??

Back in August (see I told you it has been some time), we decided we wanted to go on a last minute road trip to California before summer ended, and everyone had to go back to school. It was literally last minute. We had gone to dinner before the baseball game (previously posted), and randomly started talking that we needed to go to Disneyland! Really, is there a better idea? Obviously not, since two weeks later we were on our way!

The DLand 2011 crew consisted of Jon, Davis, Aleesha, McElle, Caden, and myself. It really was such a good time! I know what most of you are thinking, why would six grown ups (well I guess McElle and Caden can't be considered grown ups) want to go to Disneyland? Umm hello.. it's the happiest place on earth, so more like why not?

We drove in style in Caden's family Escalade,
and packed ourselves into one room at the Marriott.
Yeaaaaahhhh..
Six in one room.
But Aleesha's dad hooked us up, and got us a free room,
so we managed.

We also sported awesome custom neon fanny packs,
that included our trip nicknames.
You don't need to judge us, we already received plenty of weird looks from everyone else.

Davis was even called out on his nickname "Drama King" by a 10 year old kid on the rapids ride.
He really had no comeback.
I think it was a first.
However, no one was laughing after the ride, since all of us were drenched from head to toe.


Tower of Terror was for sure the trip favorite,
as we did go on it at least 17 times over the two days we were there.
However, Jon would disagree.
He absolutely hates this ride.
We convinced him to go on it at least once, and he refused to go any more than that.


Just some of the awesome memories we were able to catch on camera..


While we were there we celebrated Jon's 27th Birthday,
and enjoyed some good food at the Cheesecake Factory.


On our way home, we had stopped in Vegas to ride the Desperado/Buffalo Bill's roller coaster.
Oh man.
It was seriously intense, and the fastest roller coaster I have ever been on.
I don't know if it was fun, or totally ruined my life.
I'm leaning towards the latter.

Jon also surprised me, and we stopped at Caesar's Palace so I could go shopping at H&M as an early birthday present.
Love that place.
Too bad the new one that just came to town doesn't even compare.

Even though the drive home seemed like it was never ending,
it was still plenty entertaining.
We had to drive through a big thunderstorm,
and ended up having to call 911 to report a field that we saw burst into flames from the lightning.

Overall, the trip was very successful!
I would think I would be sick of Disneyland, since we have been 3 times in the past three years, but it really doesn't get old.

No comments: