Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sixteen Candles.

My mom and I had a great idea to surprise my younger sister with a brand new bedroom for her 16th Birthday..

McElle left Monday morning to dance camp,
and was going to be back Wednesday night.

luckily we had Jon to help,
but we still had quite the project ahead of us..

Unfortunately I didn't take before pictures of what her room looked like before the make-over..

but just to give you an idea..

there was an awful 80's looking wood shelf hanging,
which matched the ceiling fan perfectly.
Beige Walls that were a little too oily for my liking.
No theme, or anything that coordinated with anything else,
and pictures tacked over all four walls.





We transformed the room completely
(other than the carpet, which will be happening next summer)

NEW Paint,
Trim,
Door/Closet,
Outlets,
Ceiling Light,
Blinds,
and Furnishings.

I would say we did a pretty ok job..





We still need to add some window treatments,
and a couple finishing touches.

Let's just say she LOVED it!

4 comments:

Andrew, Kenzie and Kaliya Smith said...

WOW! you guys did such a great job!!! so whit... wanna come do my house?

Ryan and Amy Nelsen said...

that is so cute! what an awesome birthday present! and you guys are perfect ones to re-do a bedroom and take on such a project!

Cassandra Potter Kemp said...

So cool whit! Can't wait till I have my own house so you can help me!

Lauren said...

totally cute! you must have some kind of design degree or something. :) love it!