Monday, May 3, 2010

What was I thinking??

So I agreed to go to Cozumel on a Scuba Diving trip with the in laws..
Let me just tell you that this is a huge step for me.
Keep in mind that I am absolutely terrified of the ocean,
but mainly of the creatures that live down there.

I was finally starting to do ok with the idea that I will be swimming with
Eels,
Sting Rays,
Turtles,
Octopus,
Groupers,
Baracudas,
and even Nurse Sharks.
I was even considering the Twilight dives..
They then decided to inform me that the main reason we are going at the end of June is because we will get to have a
once in a lifetime experience,
and snorkel with Whale Sharks.


So I got the great idea to google "Whale Sharks" and this is what came up..



So much for taking small steps..

7 comments:

blair said...

You will be so glad you agreed to this. Scuba diving is unreal. When it became apparent that Cam and I were going to be getting married, his entire family insisted that I get certified (they are all huge scuba enthusiasts). I was terrified and the night before my first open water dive (aside from my certification) I had nightmares about ginormous spider-shaped sharks attacking me underwater. Oh and don't worry, within 30 seconds of getting in the ocean, a shark came swimming right by me. Honestly though, diving has been one of the greatest things I have ever experienced and Cam and I continue to go on dives whenever we can. We love it, and you will too!

Call me and we can further discuss your anxiety, and I'll leave out the horror stories about Cam getting attacked by jelly fish ;)

Matt and Kathryn said...

Yikes! i am also scared of the ocean.. good luck my friend!

Hopefully it really will be a "once in a life time experience"!

Andrew, Kenzie and Kaliya Smith said...

oh my gosh, you will have so much fun!

Ryan and Amy Nelsen said...

you are so brave!
the ocean is probably my biggest fear, but i think if the "once in a lifetime opportunity" came up for me...i would face it, but it just hasn't yet, so way to go!! have fun! sounds like quite an adventure:)

Lauren said...

ohmygosh this is hilarious. But guess what?! you can do it!

I love that you googled whale sharks and that is what you found... too funny

Cassandra Potter Kemp said...

Jeremy tried to make me go on our honeymoon. I got terrified just practicing in the pool and freaked out and actually cried in front of him for the first time cause I was soo scared to go. So he didn't make me.

Hope you have better luck!

A3 said...

Sterno, don't be a wuss dude!