Monday, April 20, 2009

DONE and DONE..

Well Well Well.. I'm a little behind.. but now that I have a little more free time, I'll be able to keep up with this blogging world.

First update..
The LDSBC Portfolio Event was on the 2nd of April.. and this was probably one of the most stressful and time consuming projects I have ever worked on. The project was to include our portfolio representing a variety of our projects, business cards, resume, and a complete project on display. Everyone did such a great job.. and let's just say some people went a little overboard. I'm not sure how I pulled it off, but I was awarded Student Choice which was pretty sweet.. (I guess the bribing worked)


Second update..

I FINALLY did it!! I GRADUATED!! No more Math or English classes.. No more quizzes or tests.. No more staying up all night doing homework... No more going to Kinko's at 3 am to print out projects.. and the best of all.. Jon doesn't have to help me with AutoCAD anymore... (he loves that more than I do).

Jon took me to Eggs in the City for breakfast.. and I guarantee it won't be the last time. I highly recommend the French Toast. Simply amazing and such a cute restaurant! The graduation lasted a couple hours.. but it wasn't the most exciting event I have ever been to.

Getting the Diploma.. NBD


Lauren.. Me.. and Chels

You can't tell with this smile.. but underneath he's bitter since he has 3 more years..
Sorry?

The siblings.. cute.
Barb refused to be in the pic.. and the Coach was out of town.
I still am their favorite though.

Love these two ladies..

We then went and got some lunch at Winger's with all of the fam.. and then enjoyed the rest of the day in the finally nice weather chilling in downtown SLC.


Jon's cute new graduation outfit for me.. (luckily he has a fashion designer as a sister)

I also got these beautiful flowers from my mother-in-law, and some big bucks from the parentals and Carlton.

Can't complain.

Hopefully we will get to see each other for more than 2 hours a day now..
I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I still can't believe that I'm graduated though.. craziness.

Last update..

I just started my new job as an Interior Designer at Ethan Allen. Kind of nervous. So wish me good luck.

7 comments:

jaci said...

way. to. go. GRADUATED! so cool! i am glad we have people like you to beautify this world! i have no fashion/design talent so maybe I'll have you come decorate my house when i have one! congrats, and good luck with your new job!

Anonymous said...

Geez Whitney that is awesome! Your project looked gorgeous too. Good luck with the new job, it sounds like every girl's dream! :)

Brooke and Jonny said...

Wow whit that's awesome! I am very envious of you right now...Congrats girl!

Ty and Holly said...

Congrats on graduating..feels amazing huh! And how awesome to be an interior designer (I wish I had that talent). Seriously, come to my home and give me some suggestions. I live in a neutral world of tans! I'm not kidding...I am going to call you!

Unknown said...

That last picture of Jon is awesome. Old Gregg has some competition.

Lauren said...

HOORAY for graduation. And being designers is WAY better than being law students - we totally got that ol' lady though! :)

You were the most popular girl at school, no one is wondering why you were awarded student choice. It was so fun to sit with you and Chelsey that day - memories!

good luck at Ethan Allen - I just know you'll be fabulous! And with that new darling outfit, you're unstoppable!

jodie rae said...

Nice Whit! I remember when you first figured out that Jon knew AutoCad and could do your whole assignments for you... What a blessed day in your life! haha I love everything about the bumpit post too. Basically I love and miss you... WHITNAY....!