Saturday, October 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Jon!

Yes, I know Jon's birthday was back in August, but being such a great wife that I am, I decided to get him Anberlin (his favorite band of all time) concert tickets. The concert was on October 8th, at the Saltair.. and lets just say it was quite the experience. The entire crowd was a bunch of little punk rockers with their skinny jeans, and greasy black shoulder length hair. While the girls were practically naked, and unfortunately I'm not exaggerating. Lets just say me, Jon, and our two friends, Scott and Steve, fit in quite well.

There for Tomorrow, Scary Kids Scaring Kids (trust me, I wish I were lying about the band name), and Straylight Run were the opening bands. Pretty decent, and entertaining to say the least. I thought the guy on the keyboard from Scary Kids Scaring Kids was going to get a concussion, since I swear he hit his head at least 15 times while dancing. I'm also pretty sure Jon was singing along with Anberlin with his eyes closed and his fist in the air.. (ha ha, ok so I made that up). Overall it was a good concert, and I think a successful birthday gift!

No comments: